Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sincere Prayer: The Armor Of God Prayer








As I put on the belt of truth, I thank you, Lord for showing me the truth about yourself. Thank you for reminding me that You are the only God, the Creator of heaven and earth, the King of the universe, my Father who loves me, and my Shepherd who leads me. You are my wisdom, my counselor, my hope, and my strength. You are everything I need each day.

I put on the breastplate of righteousnesness and I thank you for showing me the truth about myself--that on my own I could never be good enough to live in your presence. Thank you for taking my sins to the cross and offering me your righteous life. Show me any sin that I need to confess right now, so that nothing will hinder me from being filled to overflowing with your Spirit. [Take time for confession] Thank you for forgiving me and for filling me with your righteous life.

I put on the sandals of peace and thank you for the peace you give me when I trust and follow you. Show me how to help others find that peace.

As I guard myself with the shield of faith, I thank you for helping me have faith in you. I choose to count on everything you have shown me about yourself and everything you have promised me in your Word.

Now I put on my head the helmet of salvation, and thank you for promising me salvation both for today's battles and for eternity.

I now take up the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God, and I thank you for the scriptures you have given me to memorize. Please show me which ones you want me to use to cut through deceptions and gain your victory in any battle I may face today. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment